DEPARTMENT: Store Services - Small vehicle parts & service LOCATION: Nunavik STATUS: Permanent, full-time POSTED ON: October 13th, 2017
MECHANICS! ARE YOU READY FOR A CHALLENGE? Come work for the largest non-government employer in the Nunavik region. We aim to provide a challenging, dynamic and rewarding workplace.
WHO WE ARE
La Fédération des coopératives du Nouveau-Québec is owned by its fourteen member co-ops in the Inuit communities of Nunavik. FCNQ was established in 1967 to provide the rapidly growing cooperative movement with more effective powers and services to help attain their vision "Atautsikut" Together – working to develop as a people, leaving none behind.
Under the supervision of the Vehicle Parts & Service Assistant Manager, the Mechanic is responsible for the maintenance of the garage inventory, ordering parts and tools and repairing small vehicles that belonging to the co-op, the members or external customers at their assigned cooperatives. The mechanic will also provide training to local mechanics.
• Maintain co-op and FCNQ small vehicles in good working order by doing preventive and regular maintenance and recording this in their service log • Manage and make use of the warranty on all FCNQ and co-op equipment; • Evaluate all other requests for service from co-op members or external customers, schedule and complete the repairs; • Order, using the GDD system, all parts supplies and tools needed to make the repairs and maintain the garage in good working order; • Maintain equipment so that it complies with provincial vehicle requirements and safety regulations; • Keep the garage in good working order by cleaning, organizing and eliminating old and defective equipment and parts; • Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical publications and attending FCNQ-sponsored training sessions; • Any other related tasks as requested by the supervisor. Note: Small vehicle= Snowmobile, ATV, Outboard = Recreational vehicles
• DEC preferred, otherwise must have high school certificate or equivalent experience; • Certification in small vehicles is an asset; • Able to communicate both verbally and written in 2 of the following languages: Inuktitut, French or English; • Computer knowledge (Word, Excel, Outlook); • Valid class 5 driver's license; • Autonomous and versatile.
• Travel in the north for extended periods of time;
Candidates who are interested may submit their resumes to the Human Resources Department by clicking the e-mail link below or by fax to (514)457-5651 before October 27th, 2017. PDF
DEPARTMENT: Petroleum Services and Transport LOCATION: Baie-D'Urfé STATUS: Permanent, temps plein POSTED ON: October 5th, 2017
WHO WE ARE
Under the supervision of the Assistant Manager, the candidate assumes various administrative responsibilities in support of the Petroleum Services and Transport department. They also act as a resource person for the communications and administrative functioning of the department.
• Provide support to the team with regard to general administrative tasks necessary for the proper functioning of the department such as: general correspondence, contracts, manuals, specifications charters, project sheets and tender; • Monitor the various operational activities and processes of the department such as: • Coordination of the timesheets of workers; • Insurance renewal; • Keep a record of purchasing cards and credit cards including internal cards (Petro Charge Card); • Permit renewal, Municipal taxes, leases and features; • Opening supplier accounts; • Coordination of accounts payables and monitoring statements (suppliers); • Update price lists, distribution agents and contacts; • Ensure the updating and filing of files and archiving inactive files; • Provide administrative support for current or future special projects; • Ensure office supply provisions; • Make travel and hotel reservations for workers'; • Prepare files and forms for prepayment programs; • Prepare service offers and sales contracts; • Any other related tasks as requested by the supervisor.
• DEC in office administration or equivalent; • 3 to 5 years' experience in a similar role; • Good knowledge of Microsoft Office; • Excellent teamwork and customer service skills; • Must be autonomous and versatile; • Able to communicate in French and in English, both verbally and written;
• Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week.
Candidates who are interested may submit their resumes to the Human Resources Department by clicking the e-mail link below or by fax to (514)457-5651 before October 19th, 2017. PDF
DEPARTMENT: Pétroles Naskinnuk SEC (PNSEC) LOCATION: Schefferville STATUS: Temporary, part-time POSTED: October 2nd, 2017
Pétroles Naskinnuk S.E.C is responsible for the storage and distribution of petroleum products for the communities of Schefferville and Kawawachikamach.
Under the supervision of the local Operations supervisor, the Administrative clerk performs the following duties:
• Sort and prepare delivery slips; • Ensure the communication of inventories between the petroleum depot and the trucks; • Complete and forward documents for the unloading activities of petroleum product; • Take inventory of the Naskinnuk warehouse and relay the information, also validate the product needs with the supervisor prior to delivery; • Transmit work orders filled out by the mechanic on a daily basis; • Assist the supervisor by responding to calls and quickly communicate customer needs; • Assist the supervisor with the compilation of employee time sheets; • Responsible for placing office supply orders (Schefferville and mine); • General office organization and filing; • Manage the personal protective equipment for the employees (inventory, distribution and follow-up); • Transmit completed inspection sheets; • Any other related tasks as requested by the supervisor or their replacement.
• Able to communicate both verbally and written in French and English; • Good knowledge of Microsoft Work, Excel, and Outlook, • Discretion; • Ability to communicate clearly and accurately; • Very well organized and methodical; • Ability to work in a team.
• Work schedule: 8:00am to 12:00pm
Candidates who are interested may submit their resumes to the Human Resources Department by clicking the e-mail link below or by fax to (514)457-5651 before October 16th, 2017. PDF
Posting: Store Services Coordinator Service: Store Services Lieu de travail : Nunavik Statut : Permanent, full-time Date : September 20th, 2017
WHO WE ARE La Fédération des coopératives du Nouveau-Québec is owned by its fourteen member co-ops in the Inuit communities of Nunavik. FCNQ was established in 1967 to provide the rapidly growing cooperative movement with more effective powers and services to help attain their vision "Atautsikut" Together – working to develop as a people, leaving none behind.
Under the supervision of the Store Services Manager, the Store Services Coordinator is responsible to train and coach the Co-op Store Managers and the Co-op Grocery Managers, so that they can achieve an efficient operation of the store. Besides teaching how to perform essential tasks, the Coordinator guides the Store Manager on how to develop and implement all store management procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES • Train the Manager and support the co-op; • Train the co-op managers how to use the tools that are in place in the store (Quasar, scanners, POS terminals, etc.); • Teach about product marketing, including the posting of promotional notices and determining how and where products can be displayed on the shelves and racks to maximize sales and increase store revenue; • Work with the Store Manager to establish and implement store management procedures (min/max, layouts, shelf positioning, etc.); • Advise Buyers about products that will be good sellers in the community; • Assist Store Managers to ensure that weekly, sealift and chartered orders are processed efficiently and on time; • Upon request, work with the accounting team to assist in making cycle counts and yearly physical inventories and to attend the yearly budgets presentations to the co-ops; • Upon request, assist in the preparation and revision of training materials; • Handle any other related tasks to support the cooperatives and their staff.
REQUIREMENTS • DEC preferred, but the person must have high school certificate or equivalent experience; • Good communicator and team player and excellent understanding of marketing; • Good knowledge of marketing procedures; • Willing to travel to the Nunavik for extended periods of time; • Able to communicate both verbally and written in 2 of the following languages: Inuktitut, French or English; • At ease with computers.
WORK CONDITIONS • Travel to the north 50% of the year.
Candidates who are interested may submit their resumes to the email link below or by fax to (514) 457-5651 before October 4th, 2017. PDF
Position: Receptionist Department: Coordination Immediate Supervisor: Administrative Services Coordinator Date: August 2017
Under the authority of the Administrative Services Coordinator, the incumbent is primarily responsible for greeting and serving clients, answering incoming phone calls, connecting callers to the right person, taking messages, and answering basic questions from clients in a professional manner, as well as performing administrative tasks.
• Greet clients as they walk in • Serve all clients in a courteous and professional manner and direct them to the right person or department • Get basic information from clients and enter this information in the visitor log • Maintain a professional demeanour as well as a tidy desk at all times • Quickly and professionally answer phone calls and swiftly transfer them to the right people • Work with a multi-line telephone system • Ensure that the telephone lines are working properly and call the IT department to fix any issues • Manage the internal phone list and keep it up-to-date on the computer • Perform tasks such as filing, making photocopies, and word processing as needed • Date-stamp incoming mail and pass it on to addressees • Perform other administrative tasks as needed
• Two years' experience in a similar role • Good knowledge of French, English, and Inuktitut • Comfortable working with computers • Good knowledge of Microsoft Office • Knowledge of the Meridian system is an asset • Flexible, self-sufficient, cheerful, and punctual individual
Candidates who are interested must submit their resumes before August 14th, 2017 to Sophie Fraser in the Human Resources Department via email by clicking the address link below.
Position: Assistant Driver Immediate Supervisor: Local operations supervisor Service: Pétroles Naskinnuk SEC (PNSEC) Date: March 27th, 2017
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS: • Strong communication skills; • Ability to complete de documents required by the job; • SIMDUT training. RESPONSIBILITIES: • Assist the delivery person during deliveries of petroleum products in the Schefferville area. • Meet the safety standards associated with the delivery of petroleum products (Ex: Assist the driver when maneuvering backwards to ensure the implementation of wheel chocks etc.). • Help the driver apply all the necessary follow ups to the proper functioning of PNSEC equipment, as well as of customers at the delivery point. • Complete all documents related to the delivery and transportation of hazardous materials (delivery slips, shift summary etc.). • Be reliable and hardworking. Schedule adherence is mandatory. TASKS: • Help the driver carry out their tasks (before, during and after deliveries). • Fill out all delivery slips in a clear and reliable manner. • Complete delivery summary documents. Ensure the validity of the initial quantity and make sure to deduct the right amount gradually. Validate and verify the accuracy of the information. • At the end of the shift, note the ending inventory of the tank to identify the beginning inventory of the next shift in the appropriate place on the summary sheet deliveries. Leave this new copy in the truck. • Return all completed documents to the delivery person.
Candidates who are interested must submit their resumes via email by clicking the link below. PDF
Position: Mechanic – Vehicle Parts & Service Department: Store Services Immediate Supervisor: Vehicle Parts & Service Assistant Manager Date: March 2017
MECHANICS! ARE YOU READY FOR A CHALLENGE?
Come work for the largest non-government employer in the Nunavik region. We aim to provide a challenging, dynamic and rewarding workplace. The ideal candidate will be honest, reliable and self-sufficient. The candidate will get to work with a wide range of vehicles and have the opportunity to manage their own workshop while ensuring they respond to all customer needs.
WHO ARE WE?
FCNQ is owned by its fourteen member co-ops in the Inuit communities of Northern-Québec, – or Nunavik, as this region is now called. FCNQ was established in 1967 to provide the rapidly growing co-operative movement with more effective powers and services. The main objective of each co-op is to unite the community and to act as a spokesperson for their interests. Therefore the co-op is more than just a store, as is evident from their success in their activities in operating retail stores with vehicle parts and services along with post offices, cable TV, management training, auditing services, operating hotels, a travel agency, bulk storage and distribution of oil & fuel supplies, construction projects and marketing Inuit art.
The Mechanic is responsible for the maintenance and repair of vehicles along with maintaining the garage inventory, ordering parts and tools.
-Maintain vehicles in good working order by doing preventive and regular maintenance; -Evaluate all requests for service for repairs and maintenance; -Use the latest technologies for all work orders, parts and tools requests; -Maintain equipment so that it complies with provincial vehicle requirements and safety regulations; -Keep the garage in good working order by cleaning, organizing and eliminating old and defective equipment and parts; -Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical publications and attending FCNQ-sponsored training sessions; -Travel in the north for extended periods of time; -Handle any other related tasks to support the department, the co-ops or other areas.
-Prefer DEC or DEP but must have high school certificate or equivalent experience; -Must have certificate in mechanics (CPA license); -SAAQ certification is an asset; -Fluent in French and English (spoken and written) is essential; -Computer knowledge (Word, Excel, Outlook); -Valid class 5 driver's license; -Autonomous and versatile.
Candidates who are interested must submit their resumes by March 20th, 2017. PDF
Do not hesitate do send your resume to the address below even if no offer corresponds to your profile
© 2014 - Fédération des coopératives du Nouveau-Québec