Posting: Mechanic Helper Service: Transport Padlayat Inc. Lieu de travail : Nunavik (Expo mine site of Canadian Royalties, Deception Bay) Date : September 10th, 2018 WHO WE ARE Transport Padlayat Inc., a subsidiary of La Fédération des Coopératives du Nouveau Québec, is a contractor for the Canadian Royalties Inc. mining company whose operation is located in Nunavik. Transport Padlayat Inc. has a fleet of mobile equipment consisting of tractor trailers, tankers, flatbeds, dumpers, and reach stackers. Their mandate is to transport the ore concentrate from the mine to the port (Deception Bay) and to transport petrol and other cargo from the port back to the mine. The distance is 125 kilometers between the mine and the port.
Under the supervision of the Foreman, you will assist the mechanic in fulfilling his duties.
The employee is responsible for carrying out their duties in a safe manner:
• Remove and install the wheels on the trucks and trailers;
• Repair flat tires;
• Maintain cleanliness of the shop and equipment.
The employee must also assist a qualified mechanic in:
• Preventive maintenance;
• Brakes and suspension repairs;
• Remove and install engines, transmissions, differentials, etc.;
• Repairs on electrical and air systems;
• Any other related tasks as requested by the Foreman.
• High School Diploma (an asset);
• Must have a valid class 5 territorial driver’s license;
• Must be punctual, reliable and independent and able to work in a team;
• Able to communicate both verbally and written in 2 of the following languages: Inuktitut, French or English.
WORK CONDITIONS • The work schedule is based on 2 weeks worked by 2 weeks of rest.
Candidates who are interested may submit their resumes to the email link below or by fax to (514) 457-8017
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Department: Coordination Location: Baie-D'Urfé Status: Permanent, full-time Date: October 17th, 2018
WHO WE ARE
La Fédération des coopératives du Nouveau-Québec is owned by its fourteen member co-ops in the Inuit communities of Nunavik. FCNQ was established in 1967 to provide the rapidly growing cooperative movement with more effective powers and services to help attain their vision "Atautsikut" Together – working to develop as a people, leaving none behind.
Under the authority of the Administrative Services Coordinator, you will be responsible for greeting and serving clients, answering incoming phone calls, connecting callers to the right person, taking messages, and answering basic questions from clients in a professional manner, as well as performing administrative tasks.
• Greet visitors as they walk in;
• Serve all visitors in a courteous and professional manner and direct them to the right person or department;
• Obtain basic information from visitors and enter this information in the visitor log;
• Maintain a professional demeanor as well as a tidy desk at all times;
• Quickly and professionally answer phone calls and swiftly transfer them to the right person;
• Work with a multi-line telephone system;
• Ensure that the telephone lines are working properly and call the IT Department to fix any issues;
• Manage the internal phone list and keep it up-to-date on the computer;
• Perform tasks such as filing, making photocopies, and word processing as needed;
• Date-stamp incoming mail and pass it on to addressees;
• Any other related tasks as requested by the immediate supervisor.
• Two years’ experience in a similar role;
• Able to communicate in French, English, and Inuktitut;
• Comfortable working with computers;
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office;
• Knowledge of the Avaya system (an asset);
• Flexible, self-sufficient, cheerful, and punctual individual.
• Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week.
Candidates who are interested have until October 28th, 2018 to submit their resumes
Posting: Translator / Interpreter Service: Coordination Lieu de travail : Baie-D'Urfé Statut : Permanent, full-time Date : July 20th, 2018
WHO WE ARE La Fédération des coopératives du Nouveau-Québec is owned by its fourteen member co-ops in the Inuit communities of Nunavik. FCNQ was established in 1967 to provide the rapidly growing cooperative movement with more effective powers and services to help attain their vision "Atautsikut" Together – working to develop as a people, leaving none behind.
SUMMARY Under the supervision of the Administrative Services Coordinator, your main responsibilities are the translation and editing of documents from English to Inuktitut and vice versa as well as acting as interpreter at meetings.
RESPONSIBILITIES • Provide translation (using the Aipai Nutaaq font) and revision services for documents such as letters, memos, reports, resolutions, job descriptions, etc.; • Act as interpreter at meetings with the Executive Committee, FCNQ and Co-op Boards of Directors and any other meetings where an interpreter is required; • Assist the Administrative Services Coordinator with transcribing meeting minutes; • Any other related tasks requested by the immediate supervisor.
REQUIREMENTS • Experience as a translator and interpreter in Inuktitut; • Able to communicate in French (an asset); • Excellent communication skills, discretion, professionalism, and aptitude for time management; • Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
WORK CONDITIONS • Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week; • Available to travel occasionally to Nunavik.
Candidates who are interested may submit their resumes by email or by fax to (514) 457-5651 before August 17th, 2018. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those under consideration will be contacted. PDF
Posting: Store Services Coordinator Service: Store Services Lieu de travail : Nunavik Statut : Permanent, full-time Date : July 20th, 2018
Under the supervision of the Store Services Manager, the Store Services Coordinator is responsible to train and coach the Co-op Store Managers and the Co-op Grocery Managers, so that they can achieve an efficient operation of the store. Besides teaching how to perform essential tasks, the Coordinator guides the Store Manager on how to develop and implement all store management procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES • Train the Manager and support the co-op; • Train the co-op managers how to use the tools that are in place in the store (Quasar, scanners, POS terminals, etc.); • Teach about product marketing, including the posting of promotional notices and determining how and where products can be displayed on the shelves and racks to maximize sales and increase store revenue; • Work with the Store Manager to establish and implement store management procedures (min/max, layouts, shelf positioning, etc.); • Advise Buyers about products that will be good sellers in the community; • Assist Store Managers to ensure that weekly, sealift and chartered orders are processed efficiently and on time; • Upon request, work with the accounting team to assist in making cycle counts and yearly physical inventories and to attend the yearly budgets presentations to the co-ops; • Upon request, assist in the preparation and revision of training materials; • Handle any other related tasks to support the cooperatives and their staff.
REQUIREMENTS • DEC preferred, but the person must have high school certificate or equivalent experience; • Good communicator and team player and excellent understanding of marketing; • Good knowledge of marketing procedures; • Willing to travel to the Nunavik for extended periods of time; • Able to communicate both verbally and written in 2 of the following languages: Inuktitut, French or English; • At ease with computers.
WORK CONDITIONS • Travel to the north 50% of the year; • On call when not travelling in Nunavik.
Candidates who are interested may submit their resumes before August 17th, 2018. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those under consideration will be contacted. PDF
Do not hesitate do send your resume to the address below even if no offer corresponds to your profile
© 2018 - Fédération des coopératives du Nouveau-Québec