Posting: Mechanic Helper (Application bank) Service: Transport Padlayat Inc. Lieu de travail : Nunavik (Expo mine site of Canadian Royalties, Deception Bay) Date : September 10th, 2018 WHO WE ARE Transport Padlayat Inc., a subsidiary of La Fédération des Coopératives du Nouveau Québec, is a contractor for the Canadian Royalties Inc. mining company whose operation is located in Nunavik. Transport Padlayat Inc. has a fleet of mobile equipment consisting of tractor trailers, tankers, flatbeds, dumpers, and reach stackers. Their mandate is to transport the ore concentrate from the mine to the port (Deception Bay) and to transport petrol and other cargo from the port back to the mine. The distance is 125 kilometers between the mine and the port.
Under the supervision of the Foreman, you will assist the mechanic in fulfilling his duties.
The employee is responsible for carrying out their duties in a safe manner:
• Remove and install the wheels on the trucks and trailers;
• Repair flat tires;
• Maintain cleanliness of the shop and equipment.
The employee must also assist a qualified mechanic in:
• Preventive maintenance;
• Brakes and suspension repairs;
• Remove and install engines, transmissions, differentials, etc.;
• Repairs on electrical and air systems;
• Any other related tasks as requested by the Foreman.
• High School Diploma (an asset);
• Must have a valid class 5 territorial driver’s license;
• Must be punctual, reliable and independent and able to work in a team;
• Able to communicate both verbally and written in 2 of the following languages: Inuktitut, French or English.
WORK CONDITIONS • The work schedule is based on 2 weeks worked by 2 weeks of rest.
Candidates who are interested may submit their resumes to the email link below or by fax to (514) 457-8017
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Do not hesitate do send your resume to the address below even if no offer corresponds to your profile
© 2018 - Fédération des coopératives du Nouveau-Québec